Monday, July 16, 2012

MOB BlogHop

I decided to join the MOB (Moms of Boys) Blog Hop!  Trying to get back to regularly blogging now that I'm living the leisurely life of a SAHM.  (ha!)

About me..I'm Erin.  Married to Klay, who is an IT guy, and mommy to Isaac and James. Isaac will be 4 and James will be 1 here in just a couple weeks so we are currently planning parties!  Both boys were born very premature, 28 weeks and 25 weeks, so I post a lot about our challenges as preemie parents and our NICU journey, my blog has helped me heal a lot of wounds over those experiences. 

We live in rural Arkansas.  We like to try to live a self sufficient lifestyle and "homesteading" on our small little place.  Mostly just playing but we are teaching our sons valuable skills and lost arts.

We are dabbling in homeschooling this year as Isaac is now preschool age.  We are not 100% sure what our future holds in regards to school but we are open to whatever we think is best for our children at the time so no point in making a bug decision right now!

Isaac is a true boy, he loves trains, construction stuff, trucks, etc.  He will spend hours building train tracks and driving trains.  He loves being a fireman and you can find him in costume nearly every day at some point, running around yelling "Dont worry, Fireman Isaac is here to help"  When he grows up he wants to be on the volunteer fire department like his Daddy and then be a "delibery man, and drive a PPS truck"  (Delivery man, UPS truck). 

Excited to join the MOB Society and looking to make new mommy friends!! 



6 comments:

Jade Clark said...

Fun... they are so cute! Nice to meet you via the MOB BlogHop. We homeschool, and love it! It's not for everyone, but we certainly wouldn't want to do it any other way. Blessings! http://heyitsjade.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Well, I liked you at "leisurely life of SAHM" lol - glad you are considering homeschool - we sure do love it

Rosilind Jukic said...

My son loves trains, too. He is completely obsessed with them! Hopping over from MOB. Blessings from Croatia: A Little R & R: www.littlerandr.org

Unknown said...

Nice to meet you from MOB! My little one is into trains (and other moving vehicles) too! :)

Sheena @ An Imperfect Life said...

That's such a cute picture of you and the boys.. Nice to "meet" you, fellow NICU mom! :)

Jess said...

Nice to meet you. Both of my girls were born premature (35 weeks) and I can sympathize with you there although mine certainly weren't quite as early as yours. I have 5 children, 4 girls and a boy. The middle 3 are adopted. I've always wanted a big family ever since I was little. :-) You can find me at www.letterstoabba.blogspot.com