Thursday, February 17, 2011
Posted by Erin at 1:21 PM
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Hopefully the snow is gone, loved the days home with family but ready for Spring. The freshness of Spring, new life, new beginnings. I'm tired of Winter, in a literal and figurative sense. I'm tired of feeling dead. I want to feel alive and rejuvenated.
I'm excited for Spring. It brings good things. Friends having babies. Easter. Our Anniversary(6 years). March for Babies (see my side bar if you'd like to donate!). And maybe even wonderful things we don't know about yet.
BRING ON SPRING!
On yeah...no spend thingy...we spent..but not bad. I've been cleaning and organizing and needed stuff to finish projects...picture frames, totes. Klay needed some garden tools.
Posted by Erin at 1:11 PM
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Per my friend Jen's inspiration, I'm going to attempt a "no spend" month. However, I am not sure how successful we'll be as we keep looking for/making exceptions.
- Groceries. You gotta eat. Plan to try to keep them at a minimum, not that I don't already.
- Gas. Gotta get to work.
- Bills. Gotta pay those.
- Animal food.
- Gifts for stuff like showers, birthdays, etc. Dont have any on the horizon and we aren't big V-Day people so...
- Lunches...packing lunches is ideal...doesnt always happen. Try our best.
- Super awesome deals that you can NOT pass up.
- Garden tools. Klay is needing certain tools to get our garden going, so "stuff from co-op" will not count.
- More yarn. I'm mid scarf for Isaac (planning ahead for Christmas) and I"m bored. I have yarn for a market bag but I've tried it and keep getting confused. I should just work on my current projects.
- Isaac' valentines. Does he have people to give them to? No. Will he even KNOW? No. So why? Because I think they are cute. Ugh!
Okay, so those lists aren't too bad. February is a short month, we've already been snowed in one day of it already. (OK, so it was only 40 degrees and raining but we had a THREAT of snow...and it started sleeting, and was getting colder...it did get cold...after the rain...don't judge!)
I'll try to "check in" on our progress as we go.
Posted by Erin at 9:48 AM