Wednesday, February 2, 2011

No Spend Month

Per my friend Jen's inspiration, I'm going to attempt a "no spend" month.  However, I am not sure how successful we'll be as we keep looking for/making exceptions. 

Obvious exceptions: 

  • Groceries.  You gotta eat.  Plan to try to keep them at a minimum, not that I don't already.
  • Gas.  Gotta get to work.
  • Bills.  Gotta pay those.
  • Animal food. 
  • Prescriptions.
  • Gifts for stuff like showers, birthdays, etc.  Dont have any on the horizon and we aren't big V-Day people so...
  • Lunches...packing lunches is ideal...doesnt always happen.  Try our best.
Other possible exceptions:
  • Super awesome deals that you can NOT pass up.  
  • Garden tools.  Klay is needing certain tools to get our garden going, so "stuff from co-op" will not count.
Things I'm wanting to get already but am fighting the urge.  
  • More yarn.  I'm mid scarf for Isaac (planning ahead for Christmas) and I"m bored.  I have yarn for a market bag but I've tried it and keep getting confused.  I should just work on my current projects.
  • Isaac' valentines.  Does he have people to give them to?  No.  Will he even KNOW?  No.  So why?  Because I think they are cute.  Ugh!

Okay, so those lists aren't too bad.  February is a short month, we've already been snowed in one day of it already.  (OK, so it was only 40 degrees and raining but we had a THREAT of snow...and it started sleeting, and was getting colder...it did get cold...after the rain...don't judge!)

I'll try to "check in" on our progress as we go. 

1 comments:

Donna said...

Cool idea. I've thought about it for us. Hmmm...bad`month for us though, with birthdays galore.