I am extremely frustrated at the moment. You have a plan, a good plan, a well thought out plan and it gets all screwed up. Yes, I know God's plan is much greater than my own. And yes I'd prefer to follow his plan, but that doesn't make the pain of frustration any less. I am totally frustrated. Why do things pick the worst possible time to "mess up"? Ugh...I'm having one of those days.
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Thursday, July 26, 2007
I am on a Smoothie kick. I've had a smoothie for breakfast almost everyday this week. I thought that it was a hard breakfast to whip up and that my cereal would be quicker, but I was wrong...(that is if I make sure and do my dishes so the blender is clean). I just dump some stuff in, hit the button, pour in a glass and drink on the way to work.
Tuesday I had a Strawberry Mango Smoothie (Frozen Strawberries, Canned Mango, and Plain Yogurt).
Wednesday it was Strawberry Banana (Frozen Strawberries, Banana, and Plain Yogurt)
Today it was Mango Pineapple (Canned Mango, Pineapple Juice, and Plain Yogurt)
Tomorrow I think it will be something or another pineapple since I have pineapple juice. Maybe peach....
I cut out sodas and caffeine...I haven't had any caffeine since the weekend and the headaches have subsided and I actually feel pretty alert. I had 3oz of Sprite yesterday and it tasted like drinking syrup! GAG! I bought a 32oz water bottle and I fill it up when I leave the house in the AM and make sure its empty by lunch. Refill at lunch and make sure its empty by the time I get home. And then refill while making dinner and around the house and such.
Posted by Erin at 12:51 PM
Monday, July 23, 2007
Its been a while since I have blogged. I know everyone is on the edge of their seats with anticipation on what is going on in my exciting life!!
So here is a brief run down of things...I feel very random today...probably the lack of caffeine.
Bible School...its over. It was a Wild Ride! I used to wonder why all the adults always said "whew, I'm glad its over." Even the past couple of years I wondered that. This year my old age (or the 6-7 two and three year olds) caught up with me and I found myself saying "whew, I'm glad its over." It was fun, I had a blast. The kids learned a little bit I think. It does ones heart good to hear a two year old say "GOD IS REAL!" I was proud! Plus I helped me wet my feet for babies. And reminded me to space our children out!
Caffeine...I am cutting it out of my diet. It sucks.
Babies....I want one soon.
Water...I need to drink more.
Tomatoes...I canned some and made salsa!
Furniture...I got a new (to me) couch and love seat....photos to come.
Cleaning...our spare bedroom is functional again...which is good for item #3.
Scrapbooking...I want to have a party. Scrapbooking, lots of food, good friends, a clean house!
Doctors...I finally found one I like!
This was an odd post. But thats okay. I'm an odd kinda girl. Leave me lots of comments...they are fun!! Everyone should smile today. I wish I had some M&Ms. Is it time to go home yet? See what I mean about the randomness?
Posted by Erin at 1:01 PM
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Jessica tagged me to let loose and rant ...
The Freelance Cynic started the Moaning Meme so that our readers could get to know the real us... the moaners and groaners behind our smiling, happy blogs.
are populated by memes listing our 'favourites,'
or our 'blessings,' or our 'funniest' moments.
In our efforts to be readable we have denied others
the one thing that makes us interesting -
our whining, moaning, complaining selves."
List 5 people who will be annoyed that I tagged them.
Well I dont want to force folks to do anything, but just for fun I tag...I'm only gonna list three...
List 4 things that should go into room 101 and be removed from the face of the earth.
1. SPAM...no not the meat (or meat like substance) the junk emails that fill up your inbox. I do not want Viagra, cheap auto insurance (although this one cracks me up), to meet girls, to get a degree in 3 months. I also don't want to help you get your billions of dollars out of a US Bank account, I'm really not that nice.
2. Ticks, skeeters, chiggers, and other itchy things. Do they really play such a vital role in our environment that we need them? I know God has infinite wisdom but really..Noah should have killed them and been done with it!!
3. Umpteen gazillion sports channels on tv. Really...what is the point in sitting and watching someone else play a game? I just don't get it. And we wonder why people are overweight...we don't play games, we are just content to watch someone else play them .
4. Actors and actresses being super celebrities. I don't say do away with the actors and actresses but why to we idolize them? Really...I don't care what and how much they drink. I don't care what they wear. I don't care what they had for lunch or who they are dating. If they break the law punish them like everyone else. *cough* Paris Hilton *cough* If they die, bury them like everyone else, I don't mind being TOLD about it but don't harp on it endlessly for months *cough* Anna Nicole *cough* I don't mind watching people in movies, some I enjoy more than others, but I really don't see the point in idolizing them like modern society does.
5. Reality tv...oh wait thats more than 4.....
List 3 things that people do that make me want to shake them violently.
I think all mine are work related...
1. Calling their insurance agent and fussing about how high the price is and how it never goes down, blah blah blah when it went down every period up until this one but that somehow goes unnoticed. Why don't people call me and say, "Why did my insurance go down? I didn't do anything good like not have accidents or anything, so why did it drop? When's it gonna go back up?"
2. People who claim there mail doesn't come like it should and therefore they NEVER get a bill but they get every single refund check and all their other checks, just that their mail box doesn't take bills or something.
3. People who get a bill that says their policy will cancel on so-and-so date at 12:01am and they rush in saying "Whew...just barely got her by NOON!!" Um sorry, it cancelled at MIDNIGHT! Ugh!
List 2 things I find myself moaning about:
1. Losing weight...if I'd just get up off my bum....
2. Yeah, I agree with Jessica, the house cleaner...again...if I'd just get up off my bum....
What 1 thing do the above answers tell me about myself.
That stupid people annoy me. And that I am lazy...
Play along if you'd like! Here are the official rules:
* Link to the original meme at freelancecynic.com so people know what it's all about!
* Be as honest as possible, This is about letting people get to know the real you!
* Try not to insult anyone - unless they really deserve it or are very, very ugly!
* Post these rules at the end of every meme!
Posted by Erin at 12:43 PM