Friday, September 17, 2010

New Car

I got a new car yesterday. 

I LOVE it.

My Jeep was a piece of JUNK!  Literally.We've had it a little over 1 1/2 years and its been in the shop (under warranty) three times.  Twice for the same issue.  THe other time was for a "known issue" that Chrysler never addressed until called on it.  The issues...the soft top just quit closing one day for no reason (and I didnt even ever USE it) the other issue was it leaked around the back hatch and antenna when it rained.  Thing only had 16K miles, what was going to happen when it got 50K?  100K and NO warranty?  So it went buh bye.

We wanted back in a Nissan.  Nissans have always been good to us, never had an issue. So we started casually looking.  I found a used, red, Pathfinder I was SURE I wanted.  I begged.  I pleaded.  Told hubby I REALLY wanted it.  Pointed out ever Pathfinder I saw on the road. But the numbers didnt work.  He suggested I look at something else.  I pouted.  I wanted the Pathfinder.  Then I was convicted.  So I told God (about this and other issues) that I was done.  I am no longer going to try to "run" things.  I was making myself AND my hubby miserable and being a real brat.  I told God he was in control.  I told Klay I submitted to him as the head of our household (and in charge of our finances) on whether or not we should trade.  He told me to keep looking on the dealers website for stuff I might want and when/if I saw anything to let him know.  So I checked periodically.  Then one day I saw a 2009 Nissan Rogue on the site, a little bit cheaper than the Pathfinder.  I mentioned it to hubby and he looked at it, told him I wasnt crazy about it being white but I wouldnt die over the color, but I think a red car would be cool.  He called me back and said...did you see the NEW (as in 2001) RED Rouge they have on the site for CHEAPER (as in a few thousand cheaper)?  No WAY.  No way, would a 2011 work into our budget.  I ran the calculators (I pouted).  But then I said, "Ok, God, if YOU want me in a new car then YOU will make it happen, so I am not going to worry about it, end of story). 

So yesterday we went to the carlot.  I was leary about getting enough trade in and the numbers working.  We had our "magic" number in our head of what the payments HAD to be (per our budget plus cushion room).  We pull up, he meets us out front with the key to the my DREAM car.  I thought, again, there is NO WAY I'm going to drive off in that car, and kept telling myself NOT to get my hopes up...no way.  Drove like a dream.  We then came back, went in to talk "numbers."  Guy offered us trade in on the Jeep leaving us "upside down" of about $500. But our payments still were within budget, right at our "magic number."  We told him we would not be upside down on our loan and that was a no go and if he could give us just $500 more...he made a phone call and came back and said "Ok".  (Pick jaw up off the floor).  Now we were BELOW our "magic number."  So...we said ok!  Traded keys and she is mine!

Seriously.  I have NEVER EVER had a car deal go like that.  Its so cool that God cares about things in our like, even our cars!  Ok, some people will probably tell me that its silly to think my new car came from God, and maybe it is.  But I truely believe God was dealing with me in letting go and letting him handle things, as well as submitting to my husband (which I dont usually do, I usually just whine and try to manipulate him to getting what I want). 

Now I am working on letting go and submitting to God on other things.  Kinda excited to see what he has in store for me next.

My pretty new car!

4 comments:

Jen said...

What?! That is pretty! Since I've been away from Facebookland, I'd wondered how your Jeep saga was going. I'm glad you've reasonably priced beauty now! Congrats!

Erin said...

Yeah the "saga" didnt end after our two week stay in the shop. Brought it home then the first time it rained (since we were in a drought that was a few weeks...) then it rained, then there was water in the back. BOO! Second time this had happened and been repaired. We talked to the salesman after the first incident and told him, we were looking but 3 strikes and its gone..then strike number three hit...so buh bye!

Claire said...

What a cute car, and a fantastic story!

Cxx

Tammy said...

What an awesome story Erin, thanks for sharing!

Amazing what God can do when we let go.