Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My new project

At the DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution)( www.dar.org )conference in March, since it will be the 100th year, we are dressing in period costume.

My pattern.


My main fabrics. The Green goes where the gold would be, and the cream as the insert. It looks a little brown here but its really off white.


My laces and trim.


A close up of the trim to go all around the front and around the top of the sleeves.


The lace that goes all the way around the front.



The lace that makes the ruffled part of the sleeve


A better view of the sleeve lace so you can see the pattern.



So...whatcha think? Will I get it done? I'll update as the project goes along....

3 comments:

Kim said...

Wow! That's quite the project! I think you'll get it done ... and I love those colours, by the way!!

Chelsea Rae said...

I am hesitant to admit this but it just goes to show I live in Canada I guess...

I thought that the DAR was just a made up thing that was on Gilmore Girls... I didn't realize it was a real club! Do you have monthly meetings and social events and all sorts of stuff like that?

Amber said...

Wow! You are talented if you can make that dress. It's pretty! And yes, you can get it done-go for it! :-) I can't wait to see it.