Monday, July 9, 2012

Busy July

July is one of the busiest months for our family and this year has been no exception. 

We usually kick it off with hubby-doo organizing and putting on our local fireworks show.  This year it was cancelled due to extreme drought.  However, he in turn has kept busy with lots of fire calls...thankfully the really bad wildfires have not been in our immediate area, there have been some bad ones around, but our little community has been spared so far.  

Trying to wrap up what little garden stuff we have to can, just a few tomatoes left.  And since we are under a water conservation order, watering of them is done.  I have a batch of spaghetti sauce simmering now, and need to go pick another pan of tomatoes, then they will probably be done. 

Next week we have VBS at church, always a wonderful experience but very tiring, especially when you have two little balls of energy.

Then comes birthday week!!  Yes, this time next month I'll be mama to a 4 year old and a 1 year old.  What a whirlwind this last year has been.  Seems like just yesterday.....I hope to attend Isaac's party this year.  :-) 

Still working on organizing "homeschool preschool" for Isaac.  The internet, specifically Pinterest is FULL of amazing freebies, my stack is growing!  While waiting for my tomatoes to get done simmering I'm organizing stuff right  now...  I'm anxious to start but I want to be organized first so I am making myself not just "play school" right now and wait until I'm ready.  On a positive note, he's finally decided to pay attention and is counting to 10!  And knows a good portion of his letters!  A few weeks ago I was horribly discouraged...now not so much.  He's a smart kid but stubborn as all get out!


0 comments: