Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Conversations with Isaac...

I love conversations with almost three year olds.  Last night's went like this:

Klay was checking the weather radar to see if perchance we might get some rain.  He says: "You can see that low pressure spinning out there, maybe we'll get some."  Isaac stops playing and says "da 'now (snow)coming? Pway in da 'now!!"  I tell him, "no, no snow right now, Daddy said 'low' not snow.  Did you like to play in the snow?  Do you wish it'd snow again?"  Isaac responded, "Put on da coat and pway in da 'now!"  Klay says, "Its too hot right now, maybe in a few months it'll snow again."  Isaac said, "Too hot, gotta cool opf (off)."  I thought I'd use this time to talk about baby coming in the fall.."Isaac, when it cools off, baby James will be here too."  Isaac studied me, rubbed my belly, looked in my mouth "Bayay Games in mama bwelly...mama eat bayay wike a watermelon."  (at this point I'd like to know who told him my belly looked like a watermelon?!!)  "Yes, son, baby James is in mama's belly."  "Igak wuv bayay Games"  "You love your baby brother James huh?  Well he'll come out before too much longer."  Isaac's eyes grow big as he thinks, "Sweep in Igake woom?  (sleep in Isaac's room)  *hugs himself* Hugga da Igak!!??"  "Yup, he'll sleep in your room and can hug you.  But it'll be a while, after the summer is over and its not so hot."  Thoughtfulness....."Igake and bayay Games pway in da 'now!"  And off he goes to play trucks....  I think he's starting to get it. 

3 comments:

Debbie Haughland Chan said...

Very cute! Hopefully he won't be expecting Bayay Games to build a snowman with him this winter.

Claire said...

Oh how precious! I am so very excited for you all!

Cxx

NicMic said...

So very very sweet!