Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Bratty-ness

I'm having some struggles right now.  Struggling between what I WANT and what God wants.  I know God will give me the desires of my heart and take care of me, but I'm a bratty child and want what I want when I want it.  I've been throwing temper tantrums, its not pretty.  But God is being a good Father and not giving in to my tantrums.  I mean, no matter how Isaac whines over wanting a cookie when he refused to eat his supper, he just ain't getting it.  God is the same way.  He is abundantly blessing me, giving me everything I need and most of what I desire, yet I still can't be content.  Just like it breaks my heart when I see Isaac act bratty, I'm sure God isn't thrilled with me.  I mean, I don't deny Isaac a cookie because I am a "mean Momma" I do it because I know, because I am his mother, that a cookie when he won't eat his food is not good for him.  And that's what God does too, I mean, its not that he doesn't WANT me to have what I want, when an extra cookie will make me happy, it it (for whatever reason) may not be good for me RIGHT NOW.  I mean, its not that he wont ever give me a cookie, just I don't need a cookie right now.  

I'm going to try to do better.   But I would still really like a cookie.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I like cookies too. Had a good chat with my friend, Tina, today. It wasn't long enough but it was good. We talked about the expectations that Christmas brings with it, right along with the disappointment of knowing that there is no way the expectations are going to be met. But God uses these times to teach us what we need to know. I just pray everyday that I learn the lesson quickly and well. :-)

Unknown said...

I can sure relate! I first fell in love at age 24, but God said no. After several more times of wanting men that He didn't want me to have, I met John. A month before my 49th birthday, we married. It was a long, miserable wait, and my attitude was very bratty, but I'm so thankful He reserved me for John!

Janine said...

*******Hugs*****

We all want our cookies when we want it. I love you and I'm proud of you.