Wednesday, July 29, 2009

ONE

ONE...my sweet little 2lb 14oz miracle baby is ONE today!

What a whirlwind, kinda (more like a whole lot) scary, happy, exciting, overwhelming, awesome, miraculous, year this has been!

Gladly looking forward to the toddler years!

Isaac is having a great day so far. We quietly woke him at 5:20am to tell him Happy Birthday. Then he got a special breakfast of strawberry jam on his muffin and I let him have a juice box too! How much better can it get for a one year old? Then we sent him off to Nannie's (so she could enjoy the sugar high). I'm leaving work early to go home and decorate and prepare for the party at 6:30. On the menu....grilled burgers, grilled corn on the cob, cole slaw, baked beans, watermelon, homemade ice cream, and chocolate cake!

Stay tuned for first birthday pictures!

Isaac's first picture. This was taken by the hsopital nurses and emailed to Klay's phone since I didnt get to see him as soon as he was born. I printed this off and carried it with me everywhere. It was tattered and torn but the only piece I had of my baby boy. The only picture I had for months without cords and IVs. He's beautiful.



5 comments:

Jen said...

Happy birthday to Isaac! Things just get better and better...

Claire said...

Huge congratulations! I can't wait to see the party pics!

Cxx

Tammy said...

Happy birthday big guy!!

Jessica Morris said...

Happy (belated!!) birthday Isaac!!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you had a preemie! Dani was a preemie too! Born exactly 3 months early and she weighted 1 pound 11 ounces! What miracles we have! Looking forward to reading your blog! So glad you found me!!