Friday, July 3, 2009

I care...

I care WAY WAY WAY too much about what other people think. Which is a pretty bad thing considering how opinionated I am an how most of my opinions vary from what the mainstream thinks. You think that fact that I realize I care too much and that I shouldnt care so much would make me not care (does that statement make any sense?) yet I still do.

I'm rather opinionated about some things, yet I get my feelings hurt when people shoot down said opinions...even when its people I dont even know. WHY do I even care? I do what I feel is right and the choices that work for us, so why do I care what Jane Doe's cousin's sister in law's aunt thinks about me?

Some one will make a random statement and I immediately get defensive and think its about me. Maybe it is, maybe it isnt, why should I even care? This person is not someone who has any direct impact on my life in any form or fashion, yet I loose sleep over what they think of me. WHY oh WHY do I do this to myself?

You'd think that I'd get over this since I realize I do it, and in my head I know I dont want to and that these opinions really dont matter at all, yet I find my heart still getting hurt. Maybe I am just plumb crazy, ya think?

5 comments:

Tammy said...

It is SO hard to translate head knowledge to heart knowledge isn't it?

Jen said...

I agree with Tammy sometimes it is hard for us to translate the head knowledge to heart knowledge... and it makes me feel like I am crazy sometimes too :/

Jen said...

Yes. I think you're plum crazy and I'm probably the same way. I visited my grandma and misc. friends who are like family this Saturday and as soon as we started driving home, I was overwhelmed and felt ashamed of how much I chattered on and how stupid I must have sounded (I think I beat my own record for using 'like') and they probably didn't enjoy my visit and before we'd even hit the state line I was convinced they didn't like me at all. True? Probably not. Sticking with me even now that I'm rested up? A little.

These things happen. Our only real option is to brush it off and move along. Hope things feel better today.

Claire said...

Been there, done that, sweetheart. I hope you are feeling more at peace today.

Cxx

Stacey said...

Maybe, you're just plum HUMAN! And female to boot! :) I don't think there are too many of us girls around that do not feel that way a lot of the time.
We are crazy sometimes, this is life though... live it and be you. That is who those who are true friends want around anyway. :)

((HUGS))
Stacey