Monday, June 8, 2009

Prayer and Praise

Alot of my bloggy online friends know since Isaac was born we've had a few financial difficulties. Not the end of the world by any means, but we've not been where we want to be and a tad more debt than we'd like. So this to say, things have changed some for us this past week.

For starters, we still owed the hospital a huge chunk of money because Isaac met his one time room and board limit with the insurance leaving us owing money to the hospital. And in case you didnt know, NICUs are EXPEN$IVE! So we applied for financial assistance, we were not hopeful because the lady I got on the phone told me very meanly (mind you I was 2 1/2 months post partum, had a baby who just came home from the hospital and was still on a heart monitor and medications and all that jazz) that unless I was "blind, permanently disable, or homeless" I would not get any help. I explained to her our situation again and said "I'm not bling, permanently disabled, or homeless so does that mean I'm screwed." and she said "I guess so." I even told her we were selling our HOME because of the bills and she said "unless you are blind, permanently disabled, or homeless we can't help you." Well I then demanded an itemized bill (which further ticked her off) and the application for assistance. Well she sent me the bill but not the application. I later found it online myself. Klay now calls and gets very nice ladies, he told one lady that they made me cry. So we filled it out and....they accepted it!! Praise the Lord!

Now...on to our house. We have it up for sale due to 1) finances and 2) we really wanted to be back in the country and not a subdivison. We got an offer!!! It was very much lower than our asking price, so we have countered. So all you praying folks, please pray for us that they accept. Their deadline is 5pm tomorrow. If it sells we will be well on our way to getting back on our feet...that will just leave the credit cards.....

Now for some Isaac news...we are working on even MORE teeth! Once he got started he's not going to stop until he has a mouth full!!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Wonderful news Erin!! What an answer to pray.

I'll definitely pray about the offer too.

Jen said...

I didn't get the chance to comment yesterday, but I've been praying since then about the house....and the teeth!

Jen Milne said...

Wow! So I am reading this past the deadline....I hope and pray it has turned out how you want. Great news about the financial aid!