Monday, May 11, 2009

Crafty Mama

I'm a crafty mama. I have been sewing since I was 7 or 8, I love it. Especially sewing for others, though unfortunately, there are WAY more cute things to make for little girls...so...I've been making pillowcase dresses! I started out just making one from scraps, just for fun, and I had people asking me left and right for them! So...I decided to sell them to fund my hobby! And they are going like hotcakes! Though I must admit...I've made three out of the same fabric, with three more to go and honestly...I'm sick of the pink! But it looks like some red, white, and blue ones are in order! =)

In a way I almost feel bad charging for them, they are so simple to make... But I guess if you aren't a sewer it may seem like a daunting project. I'm wanting to go shopping and get some more fabric to make ones with a contrasting bottom border and such, just haven't done that yet. Have to sell a few before I can go buy more fabric! haha

8 comments:

Claire said...

Oh my! They are just darling!

Cxx

Nicole said...

Very cute! I'd love to see a picture of one on a little girl. I have no clue what they look like! I've never even heard of pillowcase dresses.

Look like you're getting lots of business Erin. That's awesome! :o)

Tammy said...

So when are you posting the tutorial? :)

Erin said...

Hopefully soon I'll get pics on them ON the little girls...since I am making them for SIX little girls (one of which isnt born yet!)

I'll try to make a tutorial next time I make one. But I just googled it and there were several already out there and I just found one I liked!

Jen said...

I love this fabric! These are cute.

Jen Milne said...

So cute, Erin! I wish you were closer so you could teach me how to sew! I've got this new machine staring at me...

Nicole said...

Very cool Erin!
The contrasting colours etc will look great, that's what my SIL did for her daughter and Grace's dresses she made for Christmas.
You are clever :)

Jeanie said...

That's so nice that you can sew those for girls whose mamas are not into sewing. Don't feel bad about charging -- they get cute dresses out of the deal!

Nice job!