Sunday, September 30, 2007

Faith

I am taking a step of faith. Even though I am not pregnant I am preparing for our future child as if I were. I started a baby quilt months ago and laid it aside with some of the issues I have been having. Yesterday I picked it up again. I told hubby that God knows I rarely finish projects so maybe He is waiting for me to finish my quilt. Hubby told me that that was the weirdest logic he had ever heard, but if it made me happy well...whatever. Maybe it is weird logic but if it helps grow my faith and helps me cope in the meantime...so be it.

So here is my quilt. I still have to sew the blocks together, put the borders, and quilt it, but here it is so far. My step of faith....


5 comments:

Kim said...

What a beautiful quilt, Erin! I'm sure your future child will love it and will be so thankful to have a loving mom like you.

(p.s. I wish I knew how to make them, but alas I only knit!)

Gilda said...

Hi Erin,
I came accross a forum on crosswalk.com where you posted about being a good christian wife. I find myself in the same "stage" at this moment. I've been married for almost 4 years, no children yet and working outside the home. It will be about 2 more years before we have babes. Most of our friends are couples with at least one child; we are the youngest ones in our circle and the only ones without children. There are two or three other couples at church who are newly weds but have totally different interests. We love hanging out with our friends and even babysit but sometimes I feel out of the loop! However I do habve to say that I am soaking on tons of info and tips about motherhood and homemaking and I appreciate it, I know the Lord is preparing me. God has a place and a time and this is just a stage in life. Hope you had a great weekend. BTW That quilt is lovely! I wish I was that skilled. God bless.
Gilda M.

Chelsea Rae said...

I still love that quilt, it is almost inspiring me to get out the blanket I started to crochet for Mary when I was pregnant and never finished.

I blogged about your comment, thanks! :)

Jessica Morris said...

cute!! i am impressed

Nicole said...

It's looking good Erin. God will honour that faith of yours girl! Keep the faith as Bon Jovi would say!