Monday, June 4, 2007

A wedding, a pool, and late night KFC..weekend higlights

My weekend was quite nice. I'll start the tale out with Friday, since Friday is the end of the work week.

Friday: Was a crazy crazy crazy day!! It was the first of the month. A Friday. AND a full moon (I kid you not this does make a difference....). I did go to lunch with Amy on Friday, which was great. She called me Thursday night and invited me to lunch not five minutes after I uttered the words to Klay "I'm going to call Amy her after dinner and see if she wants to go to lunch." After worked I landed at Brittany's to help her get ready for the wedding. Made up a ton of butoniers (sp?) and corsages. I was actually quite proud of my handiwork! I also was quite proud of the fact that I took all the pink decorations left from my wedding and made the orange, yellow, purple, white, and pink. Did you know that you can just pop off pink roses and replace with yellow daisies? As I was getting ready to leave her dog fell ill, and after an emergency call to my vet and late night trip to WalMart and my forcing the little think to drink Pepto, he seems to be doing much better. I went home and crashed into bed to rest before another eventful day...

Saturday...I slept a little later than I should have. Then learned what spilt water on a tile floor will do (make it slick) and then learned exactly how hard a tile floor is (very hard). I now have a sore knee and bruise (on my good leg) to show proof that I learned that lesson. Thus starts my day on Saturday. I spent all week praying for the rain to hold off, and it did. We got everything all decorated up, things looked very nice in my opinion. I hope Brittany was as happy with it as I was! So Brittany and Jeramey got married. I wished I would have had pictures to post, but...I forgot to tell Klay to bring the camera, he brought it anyway, but forgot to tell me that he did! So the camera sat in the car...Then we ate...and boy did we eat! After smelling the BBQ all day long, being exhausted, it was a good meal! So we cleaned up, which was not half as much fun as setting up! Then we went home and crashed foot and knee were telling they had all they could take. So...the rest of the evening was spent curled up on the couch watching GI Jane.

Sunday....still a little (alot) sore so I stayed home from church to rest my poor foot. We watched The Fugitive Sunday morning and relaxed. Sunday afternoon, I cleaned house (a little) and Klay started setting up our pool! Yippee!! I cant wait!! Its finally warm enough to use it! Then we visted all the families. Got KFC on the way home...word to the wise, do not go to KFC 5 minutes before they close...they will give you evil looks, give you 4 wings instead of a breast. Clean the floor with a spray hose while they fix your food, and the food will be cold and tough and make you sick!

So here I am today, feeling kinda sicky still from my chicken...I think I will re-think my late night chicken and mashed potato craving and replace it with a craving for a burrito or something!!

Now its Monday morning, I miss the weekend, it was fun. But tomorrow Amy will come over for our movie night! YAY!! Then next weekend we will go ride 4-wheelers with her and her boyfriend...if they can find us a 4-wheeler...Summertime is here and I'm loving it!


Jessica Morris said...

hey! thanks for the nice comment!

How are you doing? You need to post some new pictures :) Do you have any from the wedding you helped pull together?? I am impressed it came together so quickly - GO ERIN!