Monday, November 12, 2012

Crockpot Chicken and Rice (or noodles)

This has quickly become a staple recipe in our household.  Thanks to Pinterest!  I've modified it a bit to make it even easier and its a win! 

3 or 4 chicken breasts, boneless strips, thighs, or whatever you like, its not rocket science
1 block cream cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 packet dry Italian salad dressing mix (a new pantry staple for me!)
Minute rice, cooked rice, or cooked noodles

Mix everything but rice/noodles in crockpot.  Cook on low all day, or high all afternoon (real technical huh? Lol).  I stir every now and then to mix up cream cheese/sauce as it melts together.  When done I shred up chicken.  You can serve over cooked noodles or rice, but I've been lazy and want a one pot meal so I add some Minute rice...1/2 cup or so....and cook on high until rice is done and its starting to dry up.  Otherwise its pretty saucy, I like it a bit drier myself.  My family gobbles it up, even the kids!  Add a few veggies as a side and done! 


0 comments: