Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Daydreaming

I'm having one of those days where I sit and daydream about another life and being someone else.  Not as an escape from my family, they'd be there too.  Its one of those days where I revel in my fantasy (that a lot of people find a really odd "fanatsy")

I sit and daydream and long to be in our home (preferable away from "society" on a homestead type place), barefoot in the kitchen (pregnant would work with this fantasy too) making frugal healthy food from scratch for my family.  I'd be wearing a prairie skirt or a broomstick skirt.  Isaac would be contentedly in the floor or there with me, doing smart stuff.  That would be because I was home with him and taught him all that smart stuff.  Klay might be there too, or he might be out working.  Yeah, he'd be out working somewhere (even if its at home) because him being there would ruin my fantasy.  Not because I don't love him and want him there, he just kills my productivity and that's NOT a part of my fantasy.  While our nice whole wheat homemade bread (that would never ever be a flop) was rising, I would knit or sew or hang my laundry on the clothesline to be flapping in the breeze (because it would always be Springtime, never cold and yucky and my dog would never pull them off the line).  We'd tend our chickens.  We'd gather produce from our garden (which is perfect and weedless).    At night after a wonderful homecooked meal, we'd sit and read books and play together then all go to bed happy. 

Then the phone rings and pulls me back from my daydream...."Insurance Office, this is Erin."  "Sure I can give you a quote, just a sec." "No, I'm not joking.  No, I CAN NOT make it any cheaper."  "Yes, that IS a good price." "Well...3 DWIs, 2 speeding tickets, and an at fault accident will do that."  "I'm sorry, even though it 'wasnt your fault' you'll have to take that up with the Revenue Office." "Hello?  Hello?  Are you there?......"

Thankfully 5:00 rolls around, I hop in my car, go home to my messy house, hoping the dog didn't get into the dirty diapers (again).  Try to throw a load of laundry in the washer/dryer.  Unload and load the dishwasher.  Resist the urge to have frozen pizzas and actually cook something...anything.  I need chocolate...chocolate chips..that works.  "No, Isaac, these are Mommy's, wait until supper." *Screaming Begins*

However, this is my life.  It was given to me.  Generally I like it a lot.  But I have days like today.  Maybe I've been reading too many Amish novels here lately...:-)

1 comments:

Janine said...

you crack me up!