Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Moby Wrap

Everyone bragged about their Moby Wrap. I was totally convinced I did not want one. Too complicated. Too much "stuff" and fabric. Just give me a good old structured carrier and I'm good. Well, my dear friend Sarah sent me a Moby anyway, so I thought I'd just give it a go. Well when Isaac first came home we put him in it since he did not want to be put down. (When a baby who has rarely been held for two months of his life learns what holding is, he doesnt ever want it to stop!)
So we did Kangaroo in the Moby....



Well, we liked it but didnt do it too often because he was still on an apnea/heart monitor and carrying the monitor bag didnt work too smoothly and I was too nervous that I couldnt see him good enough so...that was that.

Well, we tried slings. We tried 'back pack' type carriers. So I pulled out my Moby instructions and we tried again. I even managed to put it on without the instructions. It wasnt nearly as hard as I had thought. So...we rode in the Moby for almost an hour last night. No hurting back, no "burning" shoulders. And a VERY happy Isaac. We could get the hang of this...

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness what a happy little baby boy! CUTE! Sarah is awesome for sending you that wrap! She knows her baby stuff!

Jen said...

That is awesome!! He is one cute baby :)

Tammy said...

Awww, he looks just like his mama!

Brandy said...

I was just going to post that you two look soo much alike!!

Baby Slings said...

Way to stick with the Moby Wrap. Make sure you spread the fabric out over your shoulders and it will be even more comfortable. You truly can't beat the comfort of a wrap.